Results by Tag: "smartphone"
Meet the Yotaphone, Russia’s first smartphone and not to be confused by the Yodaphone that only works when you speak using object-subject-verb. The dual-screen device went on sale in Russia and other European countries Wednesday. It has a traditional LCD-screen on one side and an electronic paper display similar to the Amazon Kindle on the other. The phone will retail in Russia for $600 and the rest of Europe for $675, making it slightly cheaper than competitors iPhone 5s and Galaxy ... Read More
Apple and Samsung have wholly dominated the U.S. smartphone market as of late, but how is everyone else doing? LG still holds the third spot with a market share of around 8 percent. To Microsoft’s joy, Nokia moved to fourth, according to a new report ... Read More
Although there’s a ton of smartphone manufacturers around that are offering a variety of different devices, two powerhouses still dominate in the U.S. Apple is on top with 40.7 percent of the market with Samsung’s share growing from 23 to 24.3 percent as of August. Combined, that’s a whopping 65 percent of the U.S. smartphone game. From May to August, every other manufacturer, including Motorola, HTC, LG and BlackBerry, either dropped or stagna ... Read More
Let’s face it: Passwords are super annoying. You have to remember which one you used for which account, and they have to be complicated enough that hackers can’t get into your stuff. They’re terrible, but we have to deal with them for the sake of security. What if we told you that you could eliminate dealing with them entirely by wearing just a wristband? That’s what startup Bionym is working on right ... Read More
While smartphones have been effective for last-minute travel bookings, the big online travel agencies are turning their attention to tablets to make the booking process easier. The increasing number of tablet apps is also indicative of the growing trend toward consumers who want features beyond simply the lowest p ... Read More
Get the MobileDose
Subscribe to Mobiquity's daily roundup of top stories and opinions in enterprise mobile.