User Experience Architect - Mid & Senior Levels
About the Job:
We are looking for a User Experience Architects (UXA) with exceptional design experience to develop elegant, functional and engaging mobile user experiences. The ideal candidate must have a relevant degree and at least seven years experience in applying a human-centered design methodology to all phases of the mobile and/or web application design and development process.
The UXAs we hire must be skilled in conducting user research, capturing business goals, information architecture, interaction design, and usability testing; collaborating with visual designers, technical architects, business analysts and application developers and have experience leading and managing engagements, estimating, collaborating on proposals and assisting in the generation of new business opportunities. In this position the UXA will wear many hats and will have the opportunity to work with our rapidly growing team of passionate and talented strategists, designers and developers and gain exposure to a wide range of mobile platforms including iOS, Android, BlackBerry, WebOS, and Windows Phone etc.
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions and conduct stakeholder interviews to elicit business requirements from our clients, addressing product, brand, marketing, content and overall user experience.
- Synthesize qualitative, quantitative and customer data to guide client business decisions and drive change by translating your research insights into actionable recommendations; then work with both internal and client teams to lead the execution of those recommendations.
- Plan and execute usability studies (using formal or guerilla UX testing tactics), contextual interviews, usability testing, competitive reviews, and surveys.
- Independently lead collaborative design sessions with the target audience, interactive designers, technical developers, and project managers to generate superb design work and happy clients.
- Conduct iterative testing throughout project development lifecycle and develop rapid high and low fidelity mockups of designs when necessary.
Write/create relevant documentation, which may vary from project to project but may include personas, scenarios, information/interaction architectures, wireframes and usability test plans.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to help align our client's business goals with their user's objectives.
- Help champion usability standards and user experience/human-centered design for the most intuitive and delightful application experience.
- Contribute to the strategy and implementation of a human-centric experience design methodology across all our client engagements.
- Contribute to the internal development of UX processes, deliverables and standards.
- Stay abreast of innovations in UX best practices, tools and topics of interest to the UX community and help to infuse them back into the organization.
- Develop new types of deliverables, workshops, or presentations as
- Occasionally direct the work of contractors or other UXAs in a supporting
- Contribute to our culture and atmosphere, quality of work and growth into the next generation of user experience design.
Skills & Experience
- Strong human factors background, information architecture, human-centered design and user testing including managing UX projects and assigned personnel.
- Experience working with both internal and external development and design teams.
- A commitment to quality and continuous improvement - including a willingness to question current practice, to be hands-on and with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills, ability to manage several projects at the same time.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff to achieve desired outcomes and build strong alliances and relationships.
- Strong understanding of the limitations and advantages of developing apps on iOS, Android and other mobile platforms.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Microsoft Office products.
- A strong personal portfolio that showcases deep and extensive experience with software, web, and mobile interface design.
- Experience in user experience architecture (5 to 7 for senior, and, 3 + for mid-level)
- At least 5 years of experience commanding user-centered design processes for the Senior UX, and 2 years for the mid-level.
- Ability to question assumptions and establish a new normal for Mobile / Web Platform and Tools design.
- Knowledge of various user research methodologies such as field research, survey creation, and benchmarking studies is highly desirable.
- BA/BS or advanced design degree, related degree or equivalent experience (Human Factors, etc.)