About the Job
Mobiquity, a mobile applications development and strategy consulting firm targeting the enterprise mobile computing market, is seeking a Mobile Systems Architect who will assist in the next generation of enterprise mobile applications on cutting edge platforms. The position will focus on emerging mobile platforms including the following: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone, and more.
The selected candidate will work on a wide spectrum of activities: concept evaluation, initial product requirements definition, system simulation and analysis, system prototyping, test design and execution, control logic creation, reliability monitoring and forecasting and efficient troubleshooting.
The Mobile Systems Architect will be required to attend Collaborative Meetings in our Wellesley or Providence Offices therefore we will only accept applications from local candidates.
- Design and recommend integrated mobile solutions from multiple client projects
- Work with Project Management to come up with an implementation plan
- Resolve technical issues by building consensus amongst technical stakeholders
- Identify business and technology risks associated with architectural solutions
- Communicate and document designs/implementation plans/business workflow/data flow with developers/stakeholders using standard tools such as UML
- Design and document API level specifications
- Design and document Data Models
- Design/develop frameworks and libraries to streamline and fast track development
- Review code and project deliverables and confirm they are of the right quality standard
- Implement process to ensure that deliverables are on time and of highest quality
- Write code
- Troubleshoot/debug and fix bugs and performance issues
- Work with technical teams to create timeline and cost estimates
- Evaluate vendor solutions
- Provide guidance for technical issues related to development, test and implementation efforts
- Contribute to Team strategy, plans and goals
- Participate in ongoing research and evaluation of new related technologies
- Participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle including requirements analysis, estimating, design, implementation, testing, and release
- Mentor the development staff to ensure continuous development of technical skills
- 6+ years of software development experience with large enterprise level projects or Software as a Service products/services.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar Architecture level role
- Hands on coder with expert level knowledge of either a Mobile Platform (Android or iPhone) or a Server Side Platform (Java or Ruby Server stack)
- Strong understanding and implementation experience of modern web/integration architectures (REST, WebServices, MQ, Rabbit MQ,Sockets)
- Experience in tackling scaling and performance issues
- Experience with transactional applications, e g Financial Services / E-Commerce
- Proven technical leadership experience and skills
- Demonstrable excellent oral, written and computer communication skills
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work individually with minimal direction, and on a larger development team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer competitive salaries, bonuses, stock options and an excellent benefit plan.