Senior Technical Manager
About the Job:
We are seeking a Senior Technical Project Manager (PM) that will manage development for enterprise mobile applications on cutting edge platforms including the following: Android and iOS.
The selected candidate will work on a wide spectrum of activities: concept creation and evaluation; initial product/project requirements definition; system simulation and analysis; system prototyping; test design and execution; control logic creation; reliability monitoring and forecasting; and, efficient troubleshooting.
The PM has overall responsibility for the planning, coordination, communication and control of activities pertaining to enterprise-wide technology initiatives, ensures that project goals are in line with business objectives, and comply with overall time, cost and quality success criteria. The PM reports to the VP, Operations & Service Delivery and will be required to work in our offices or customer sites therefore we will only accept applications from local candidates.
- Define requirements, estimate resources, schedule deliverables, budget and manage costs, motivate teams, resolve conflicts, assess and reduce risks, and adhere to standard methodology and quality processes
- Develop and proactively manage project plans specifying goals, strategy, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources
Project Definition, Requirements Gathering, Planning & Estimating:
- Consult with management and review project proposals to determine goals, time frame, funding limitations, and procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources
- Develop project plans specifying goals, roll up lower level plans from departments, as well as, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources
- Lead cross functional teams in the development and successful completion of small through large scale initiatives
Project Control & Risk Management:
- Monitor progress against the plan, leading the team toward successful milestone completion
- Provide weekly status reports to senior management and the business/technology team
- Proactively identify and communicate issues and risks, notifying and/or escalating to the appropriate manager for assistance and resolution
Project Team Management:
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project
- Encourage teamwork and coordination across the project team
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all staff and management levels
- Encourage and lead communication efforts across the project team
- Set clear expectations, objectives, assignments and timing of individual and team deliverables
- 5 plus years’ experience as a Technical PM in a professional services company working for a consulting company in the development or implementation of mobile or web applications. PMP certification a plus.
- Experience in managing customer facing applications
- Worked as a Technical PM for medium to large commercial mobile or web software development initiatives
- Strong technical background as a Programmer / Developer / Architect in either Objective C or Java
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and facilitation skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred, or equivalent relevant experience