Senior Interactive Visual Designer
About the Job:
We are seeking a Senior Interactive Visual Designer with exceptional design experience to produce elegant, functional and engaging mobile user experiences. The ideal candidate must have a relevant design degree and at least five years experience designing various materials for web, ecommerce, brand, video, and especially interactive.
The Senior Interactive Visual Designer will support the Chief Creative Officer in managing and designing for a broad range of complex, large scale mobile digital projects. Our ideal designer is able to balance beautiful, thoughtful design with positive, effective user experience and overall business objectives and can see projects through visual conception to development and launch.
In this position the Senior Interactive Visual Designer will wear many hats and will have the opportunity to work with our rapidly growing team of passionate and talented strategists, user experience architects and developers and design to a wide range web and mobile platforms including iOS, Android, BlackBerry, WebOS, and Windows Phone etc.
We will only accept resumes from candidates that live within a commutable distance of Wellesley, MA or in Providence, RI.
- Support the Chief Creative Officer in managing and designing for a broad range of creative and complex mobile digital projects for national brands.
- Drive creative solutions with other designers and developers.
- Lead the production of various materials for web, ecommerce, interactive mobile, video and strategic consulting engagements.
- Independently lead and make decisions to properly balance the needs of clients, internal goals and account teams.
- Meet with clients to discuss objectives and present design concepts.
- Research and explore creative concepts and brainstorm and present design concepts.
- Collaborate with strategists, user experience architects, other designers and developers to define project objectives and scope and maintain client’s brand voice.
- Lead by example and contribute to our culture and atmosphere, quality of work and growth into the next generation of interactive design.
Skills & Experience
- Exceptional visual style and thorough understanding of how typography, layout, color, images and interactivity impact design.
- Experience working with both internal and external development and design teams.
- A commitment to quality and continuous improvement – including a willingness to question current practice, to be
- hands-on and with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills, ability to manage several projects at the same time.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff to achieve desired outcomes and build strong alliances and relationships.
- An understanding of the limitations and issues designing for iOS, Android and other mobile platforms.
- Expert level knowledge and fluency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office products.
- Expertise with Flash / motion design preferred.
- A strong online personal portfolio that showcases deep and extensive experience with software, web, and mobile interactive design.
- At least 5 years of experience designing for large national brands.
- Knowledge user interface design, usability, experience design and information architecture is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced design degree, related degree or equivalent experience.