Mobile Technical Managers - NYC/NJ/MA/RI
About the Job:
Mobiquity, Inc., an enterprise mobile application development and strategy firm, is seeking to hire two Mobile Technical Managers, in NYC/NJ and MA / RI, that will be responsible for the success of the technical projects within assigned Delivery Centers. The selected candidates will plan, manage, and finalize technical projects according to the designed UI, technical architecture, deadlines and budget.
The Manager will work closely with the Mobiquity Sales Team, the Delivery Center Director and Mobile Architect to coordinate technical proposals. Once a proposal is engaged, the Manager will work with the Delivery Center project managers and project teams to define and achieve the technical objectives and oversee quality control throughout each project's life cycle. This work includes coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan, on time and under budget.
The Manager must have excellent understanding of innovations in mobile technology across all platforms and understand a variety of distributed system environments. Limited travel, however we require that the individual chosen for this position work within commuting distance of NYC or Waltham, MA.
- Lead agile mobile development projects from a technical perspective. Identify and manage technical project dependencies and critical path items
- Review the status of each project with the project manager and technical team. Make recommendations for improvement and issue resolution.
- Supervise, mentor and motivate Delivery Center team members and contractors, and openly encourage them to take responsibility for their assigned work and pride in their Delivery Center.
- Create self-organizing agile teams. Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Ensure sprint planning, daily scrums and refactoring/reflection meetings are conducted according to agile standards. Act as scrum master when required.
- Review, plan and organize utilization of Delivery Center resources
- Review, develop and deliver technical progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations for Executive Staff
- Proactively manage changes in project technical scope, anticipate potential crises, and take responsibility for issue resolution.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the technical delivery teams
- Work closely with technical and business project stakeholders on an ongoing basis within and outside of the Delivery Center
- Assume technical responsibility for planning and scheduling all Delivery Center project timelines and milestones using Open Air and Jira
- Conduct project post-delivery reviews and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project histories.
- Contribute to detailed technical review process for individual resources.
- Set and continually manage technical project expectations with a constant view to overall Delivery Center success.
- Communicate project technical expectations to team members via daily scrums and other stakeholders via weekly project meetings and weekly Delivery Center meetings.
- Foster extremely strong relationships with the Project Managers to maintain a realistic task schedule, where all technical resources are prepared and available to meet delivery due dates.
- Work with Core Technology (Architecture) team to contribute towards creation and execution of Mobiquity internal technical training initiatives
- Work with the Director of Delivery to draft and submit technical proposal estimates, recommend subsequent technical changes where necessary, and review Change Orders.
- May participate as part of the Mobiquity team presenting at proposal meetings
- Experience in client-facing projects (not just internal development efforts)
- Experience developing and testing mobile applications (iOS or Android)
- Experience with open source technology stacks and frameworks developing web based applications
- Experience leading agile software development teams
- Proven experience managing in-house technologists and remote resources
- Proven understanding and ability to implement software development best practices, policies and procedures
- Strong people management skills
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, is required, graduate degree preferred
- Minimum 3+ year's software development technical management experience
- Minimum 7+ years in software development
- Demonstrated initiative to stay abreast of current trends and technical advancement
- Strong customer interaction skills and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to deliver on or before schedule and under pressure
- Sense of humor and ability to lead in difficult situations
- Self-starter, capable of working independently
- Able to travel and be on-site at multiple Mobiquity clients and offices
- Team-oriented approach